Below are some useful links to assist you in continuing your research on retirement.
Floridacommunities.com has no affiliation with any of these sites (although we are members of most of the chambers of commerce). When you click on a link, a new window will open and you will be taken to the selected site.
- ALLIANCE FOR AGING RESEARCH
www.agingresearch.orgThe Alliance for Aging Research is a not-for-profit advocacy organization fighting for science policies in the nation’s capital to speed breakthroughs for greater health, vitality and longevity.
- ALZINFO.ORGwww.alzinfo.org/ALZINFO.ORG is a site of the Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundation
providing comprehensive information about Alzheimer’s disease
- BENEFITS CHECKUP – A SERVICE OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL ON THE AGING
programs used to be a time-consuming, frustrating experience. But no longer. The National Council on the Aging created
BenefitsCheckUp to help older adults to quickly identify programs that may improve the quality of their lives. Family and friends
can also obtain facts about benefits that their loved ones may qualify for. Chances are, you will be surprised to learn what
benefits are available to you, regardless of your income.
Companions, Nurses, and Other In-Home Elder Care Providers . A seniors’ resource including a listing of resources by state in seven categories: housing resources, transportation resources, home care, end-of-life care, legal resources, financial planning and management, and health care.
https://careguide.comThis site offers resources about aging and elder care, ranging from support with daily living, financial and legal information as well as community support.
- CENTER FOR MEDICARE SERVICES: MEDICAID INFORMATION
Outline of services covered by the Medicaid program. Describes services provided by nursing homes and hospices; rehabilitation; personal care; occupational and physical therapy, and speech, hearing, or language disorder therapy; treatment for individuals with mental diseases; targeted case management; home and community-based care; and home health care. Discusses coverage considerations.
- DISABILITY SECRETS (of Social Security and benefits)
Applying for social security disability and SSI benefits can be difficult due to how long a claim may take and the high chance of being denied. But those who are denied disability can win benefits by utilizing the appeals process. To increase the chances of winning, applicants should learn about the system and file an appeal when a claim is denied. This is the place to learn the secrets of the system from those who know it inside and out!
- ELDERCARE ONLINEwww.ec-online.net/ElderCare Online is a beacon for people caring for aging loved ones. Whether you are caring for a spouse, parent, relative or neighbor, they provide an online community where supportive peers and professionals help you improve quality of life for yourself and your elder.
- ETHICALWILL.COMwww.ethicalwill.comEthical wills are a way to share your values, beliefs, life
lessons, hopes for the future, love, and forgiveness with your family and community. This site has information on creating an ethical will.
- FOUNDATION AIDING THE ELDERLYwww.4fate.org/Assuring our elders are treated with care, dignity and the utmost respect during their final years when they can no longer take care of themselves.
- FUNERAL RESOURCEShttps://funeralresources.comInformation on all aspects of funerals, including planning, guides, memorial services, casket selection, grief and loss, funeral home directory in several nations including USA, U.K., Mexico, Canada, Australian, and more.
- MEDICARE INFORMATION CENTERwww.medicare.govMedicare’s own information center for those needing
information on all the services provided by Medicare.
- MENTAL HEALTH AMERICA: Coping with Loss: Bereavement and Griefwww.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/coping-loss-bereavement-and-grief Coping with Loss: Bereavement and Grief. In Crisis? Call 1-800-273-TALK
- NATIONAL ACADEMY OF ELDER LAW ATTORNEYSwww.naela.orgThe mission of NAELA is to enable elder law attorneys to
identify and meet client needs through the exchange of ideas and information on substantive elder law issues and the management of successful elder law practices. NAELA promotes improvement in substantive law, legal education, and ethical guidelines in serving older persons. NAELA serves as a key public policy advocate on behalf of older persons.
The National Association to Stop Guardian Abuse is an organization formed by victims and for victims of unlawful and abusive guardianships and conservatorships.
- NATIONAL CENTER FOR VICTIMS OF CRIME
The National Center for Victims of Crime is the nation’s leading resource and advocacy organization for crime victims. Since 1985, they have worked with more than 10,000 grassroots organizations and criminal justice agencies serving millions of crime victims..
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON AGINGwww.nia.nih.govThe National Institute on Aging has been at the forefront of the Nation’s research activities dedicated to understanding the nature of aging, supporting the health and well being of older adults, and extending healthy, active years of life for more people.